Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Hope you get something useful out of this page. If not, hope you were entertained. If not, well, i don't know why you're here. Maybe cuz i begged and grovelled.

Monday, January 20, 2003

It's been an awesome experience getting to just be in Montreal. Some may think I'm crazy but I love that feeling of stepping out into the cold cold air which totally refreshes me because it's like a sauna in my apartment. That and the fact, there are some strange smells here that even Lysol can't cover up. Well, maybe not.

I don't really think - 11 celcius is really that cold anymore. to me, it's just plain cold. - 30? Yeah, it's also cold. But who cares? Dress warmly and its ok. But man, then I see the transients (a more P.C. term for those of you who are offended at non-politcally correct terms... well, what is politically correct? Doesn't being P.C. infringe on my rights as well? So how can that be P.C.?) that sleep outside and it scares me. They seek refuge inside apartment vestibules often creating an interesting odor. (Lat, have you read my blog on odors? The gym is not nearly as bad as Hong Kong in the summer time. Two words for you Lady Mer: Welcome Home.) Anyway, I thought about it and I was asking my friend Karman, would you ever invite someone who had no place to sleep into your home because it was too cold outside and they couldn't find refuge anywhere else? (Well, i didn't ask that last part but you get the gist) Tough question that I also ask myself and constantly debate with myself as someone who believes in a God who loves all humanity. In turn, I am also expected to show love for all humanity. Yet, i make excuses. I'm human. We all are. Do we just think about it, and then become desensitized because of our cynicism of how society really functions? Or is this cynicism a reaction to the scam that sometimes happens to us because we did something for a particular transient and you see him boozed up in front of the local convenience store. Hard choice. Hard to love. Yet God loves them. Can I?

Don't take things for granted. I try to remember how blessed I am. Easy to throw away food. Someone else wants to eat what we haven't finished. I see that in the food courts here. Man. kinda hits home. at least it does for me. I'll try to remember now.....

Desensitization:
Hey, I got food in the fridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home