Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Hope you get something useful out of this page. If not, hope you were entertained. If not, well, i don't know why you're here. Maybe cuz i begged and grovelled.

Friday, January 09, 2004

So I am back in Hong Kong, the land of SARS paranoia and rude people.

On another note, it seems like I'm not the only one thinking about the purpose of my so-called life. Being at home has its perks like talking with the parental units who play a big role in decision making and its been fun. Still, the path is still before me to travel and its always about wondering where I'll head and whether the path I take is the right one. For those of you who don't really know where I come from, I'll tell you straight up: a lot of my decisions are based on this paradoxical, yet somewhat sensible idea that God has this amazing path for me that He's plotted out and yet has left me to decide how to go about it. Amongst the questions I've been thinking about and trying to be a little bit pragmatic about things (a bi-product of growing up in an Asian cultural background), I wonder what the deeper implications are of my passions and dreams. Are the dreams that I dream placed in my heart by God or are they a product of my own selfish desire to make something of my name? Or rather, is it because I follow a God who by His Son Jesus Christ gave me this desire to make it known that He wants to use me in revealing His hope for the world? In that sense, the greater purpose for me is there to be used by God to inspire those to live for something more than being just caught in a moment.

Maybe there's something inside all of us whether we have faith or not, to search for a greater purpose. For those of us who have a faith, are we ready to take the challenge to live it and go deep into it to discover its truths knowing that we could really find something more to live for? In a way, there's not much to lose. On the other hand, do we live complacently and pretend its just a part of our culture, forgetting who we are and allow the waves of activity wash over what we might need to really focus on? Or am I just molding something to justify that it is something that God wants for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home