Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Hope you get something useful out of this page. If not, hope you were entertained. If not, well, i don't know why you're here. Maybe cuz i begged and grovelled.

Sunday, August 11, 2002

Hello my faithful online readers! Sorry for not updating in the longest time.

Hmmm what has happened since the fateful day since the elevator dropped me a few storeys? WEll, I finally got to hang out with the Carpenter's Tools Team in HK. They are pretty cool. I got to go with them to the peak and watch them wander aroudn HK with their stressed out team leader, James trying to get them to stay together. But man, was it ever AWESOME to hang out with my bro Nate! I really missed that guy. and man, he's gotten so much better at singing. ANd i also saw Ruth Ling, who i met a while ago in Boston, a friend of Tom Chan's and Justis's... and man, she is really talented .... holy smokes, she had written this song called "jesus loves you." (Yeh su ai ni.) in chinese... mandarin. she's from singapore. Anyway, it really hit home and really inspired me and I know it touched some of the other kids that were at this concert.
Despite I know how there are some team member differences (nate was sharing with me, ) I can see how God has really brought this team of young'uns (Nate's like one of the older ones. hahaha) I really missed that type of travelling experience actually now that I think about it. THe just chilling with your whole team constantly and getting annoyed at people :) well not really but just being able to jam and worship together with your team.

I haven't done too much this past lil' while.... went over to PRaise's place to fix her internet connection. Just turns out the password was messed so after like 45 minutes i figure out the password :P Then tonite after dinner with the folks, my bro and I went to hang with Justin, Kristin and Vince before Justin leaves for Shanghai tomorrow. I won't see him as he's coming back on the 23rd =( Justin has been my lunch buddy the past few weeks. So it's been cool and fun. I'll miss his humor and outlook on hong kong life.

WEll, I guess my blog is probably coming to a close... another week and I'l lbe back on North American Soil. The Land of the free and clean air and where the deodorant section in the pharmacy is longer than my arm span. I hope you guys have been entertained about Jon's perspectives on the Hong Kong culture from a Banana point of view. If you have no clue what why i deem myself a 'banana' although i am more of the Jook sing (bamboo shoot center), you can emila me yourself.

In the meantime, my pillow is beckoning me to rest my brain enclosure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home