Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Hope you get something useful out of this page. If not, hope you were entertained. If not, well, i don't know why you're here. Maybe cuz i begged and grovelled.

Saturday, August 03, 2002

Alrite. Man, did I contribute to the pollution index today. I REEKED! Despite having layers of Arctic Ice under my arms , I Stil REEKED! (i just think its a hong knog acquistion). So today , Bonnie and I were supposed to go look for a our teammate Nate who is here with CTI. So Apparently they are supposed to be in Shatin at some 'church' thats held in a school. So ofc ourse, I find out all the info and how to get there and its in SHATIN! Which is kinda like the boonies. well not as bad as where this girl Amy from NY (who's here inHK. hello AMY! BTW, She's super genius) who lives in Tuen Mun which is the ultimate boon. For Vancouverites. Think PORTCOQUITLAM to Vancouver. and For Montreallers , think St. ANNE DEBELLEVUE! (Or even Ile Bizard rite Ivanna? Island of Crazys) ... anyway, Shatin is kinda like Steveston to north Van maybe. hong kong is so dense. I can't tell.
Anyway, so we WALK like for 15 minutes to find that no one is there. by this time, I looked like I had stepped out of the shower. (for those of you who have seen me sweat. Imagine that. X 100) So i was sooo excited today. Like even bonnie was like, Jon you're really happy today. YEs. I was. As gay as that sounds (no offense to the gay friend that i do have... ) i was a tad 'gay (in the happy sense)' becuz i was like walking really fast and talking lots and just really ecited to see Nate from my team last summer. and Man was i peeved when I found out they weren't there... well, i was more peeved at the YFC guy who gave me harsh attitude about not knowing where they are and stuff and told me to go to Yuen Long to watch them tomorow. I'm like FORGET YOU BUDDY, now. Yuen Long is the ultimate boon. Its like almost in CHina. its where all the Dai Luk Los (mainlanders) cross the border.
Its SUPER SUPER SUPER far away. at least 50 minutes by regular CAR. not public transport.... anyway, sos yeah... i guess i will find em another time. Oops. i totally forgot to call Nate again :P
anyway, so bonnie and I were a little disappointed (that being an understatement) and we went to Mong Kok to look for an MD player... i by that time was famished.. well not really but when I saw this place for 10 DOLLAR HKD FOR WONTON NOODLES i was like, Bonnie, i'm sorry, i cannot turn this down. I was like, Dood, MY TREAT HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA.
10 DOLLAR HKD FOR A BOWL OF NOODLES!!! CAN OYU BEWIEVE EET? SO SIMPO! I DONT BEWEEVE!
and the wontons were HUGE! (no not like the ones that adrian makes. those you can't exactly eat. if you did. you'd be one sick puppy. as in not the good sick. as in the you'll probably grow some fungus on your lip and die type sick)

Anyway, despite me really getting irritated at all these people around me being smelly and within my 10 Foot personal space which has now FYI become like 1cm. (for those of you americans who haven't converted to the rest of the world's standard of measurements, thats about oh... little less than 1/2 an inch as 1 inch is about 2.52 cm. Yes. I'm a geek. I need to know these things as I am in architecture. you know. Imperial vs. Metric. lets not get into that today)
I tried to not be irritated. Man I was so irritated that i wanted to punch someone next to me to go away. Then of course i bring bonnie into the computer mall (i felt really bad for that bonnie!) cuz it waS SOOOO PACKEd. like I felt people's sweaty arms touching my nekkid forearms (of course. I was wearing a tshirt. GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER) it was the grossest feeling. I've realized a few things. 1) I will not go to Mong Kok again on a weekend. 2) I think i've gotten bigger and people seem to get in the way 3) My nose is getting really sensitive to smells. (must be from my mom. she smells everything) 4) I'd go back to MongKok just for the 10 dollar wonton meen

Anyway, after walking around for awhile, oh yeah, i apparently dissed a computer sales man when I was aksing him about some model of a computer. hahahahha i walked out when eh was still talking to me but i was getting frustrated with all the people around me. oops.

So then after awhile, I went home. Oh today we had a 'typhoon' warning no. 1... it was just windy... not much. But when I got home. I Was all sweaty but stank like a DOG. literally. Speaking of dogs. I saw these OH SO I WANNA HUG EM AND SQUEEZE EM (get your mind out of the gutter) polmeranian pups. and also a rotweiller PUPPY!!! .
Anyway, i went for a run in the rain today... up and down the stairs... got splashed by a car but i felt really rugged. TRaining the holy temple of teh Holy Spirit man.: YEAH! Felt like rocky too... hahahha... I had my yellow rain coat on. but it didnt matter. I still was wet from my sweat (hey that rhymes)
hahahaha. Anyway, my mom thot i was gross and stupid for running in the rain. I told her "Just maintaining the holy temple." (thanks to C.G. for that one)
Anyway, didnt do much after that... just ate dinner and talked online for a bit. Thats when I found out my buddy here 's dad has cancer. He doesnt really share it cuz i guess he doesn't want too much 'sympathy' or nosiness... sometimes ppl just kinda wanna know for the sake of knowing. But I guess somehow he just otld me.... It really made me think about how these days, we can do it all in this world except we can't give life. Medecine only has so much technology but I guess it makes people realize how fragile our containers are. Anyway, it really touched me to hear him and how his faith had not wavered but only grown stronger. how God has sustained him through all of this.

Anyway, time for bed. super tired.
I get to sleep in for once. WHOO HOO.

Carpe diem.
(doesnt it sound like a fish?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home