Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Hope you get something useful out of this page. If not, hope you were entertained. If not, well, i don't know why you're here. Maybe cuz i begged and grovelled.

Monday, July 22, 2002

Hmm. Monday again. I think I've begun to understand our friend, the cynical fat, little orange cat we have come to know as Garfield's coined phrase ' I hate Monday's " statement. Yes, the beginning of another long week and having many days to look forward to till my next break in the week: sunday. YEs people, my weekend unfortunately consists of a brief period of Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I am beginning to wonder why I ever came here? I'd like to say of course, that all my entire analysis of the olfactory stimulation of Hong Kong and my thorough commentary on the cultural behavior of Hong Kong is coming from a Occidental raised, Asian who has been saturated with the somewhat more 'refined' (even the use of the word here is a result of cultural assimilation.. not in its enitrety of course) aristocratic culture of the Europeans. Although i am completely wrong in saying that Asians don't have manners. Its just that a majority of people were raised without proper etiquette.... Although somehow, I dont know if slurping noodles noisily is a horrific act. It seems like its a cultural matter, of which, I cannot explain fully. Of course, hence the term for us CBC's, ABC's, Bananas, twinkies... whatever the term, in cantonese we say, Jook sing. It is the part of the bamboo that is hollow and has two end which are closed off. So they say, we're not through completely to the chinese side (Because of our lack of the ability to read The Romance of the Three Kingdoms in its original print.) Or we aren't completely through to the Occidental Cultrue (Because we are born chinese or asian or wahtever and posess a deep asian cultural backgroudn which our caucasian counterparts might not have as deeply as they are not asian.duh.. )
Anyway, yet, i think in asian blood, inclduing us Hong Kong folk . ( I say us, because i somehow retain some of this culture. as i am fully adaptable in that sense being a pseudo CBC as i am born in HK) have the ability to perform acrobatic stunts in our everyday lives. As I take the MTR (Mass TRansit Railway) AKA the subway each day, I observe HK people rush... the mentailtiy of "I must catch the train or bus so I don't have to wait" Is a very common one at that. People hate waiting here. So when you order your food here, ORDER FAST! People will glare at you, mutter comments that are loud enough so that you can hear (if u understand), or just go in front of you. I digress as i always do. But each day I watch people slip through the crack of the closing MTR doors (just like a Jackie CHan movie) and its not just one person but at least 4 people can dive in through a 3 inch gap. well, then again, HK people (esp. the women) are so skinny that you could probably pick a lock with them. Honestly, it astounds me to think that also a 200 pnd man can also burst through the closing doors of the subway car... although sometimes people get wedged in them and they open again. Of course i'm not referring to myself although there have been times where my backpack didnt make it through.
Some people i swear, throw their children in first and then dive in after... Astounding. You got to see it to believe it.

Is Brian McKnight coming out with a new CD yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home