Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Hope you get something useful out of this page. If not, hope you were entertained. If not, well, i don't know why you're here. Maybe cuz i begged and grovelled.

Thursday, July 18, 2002

Whew, we finally got our home network working although for some reason I have to be the host. .... ah computers. Hmm , today I want to talk about Hong Kong people's manners. Or rather, the lack of. Perhaps it could be nice to not have to mind my own but i've realized why we don't do it. It's pretty gross when people are talking to you and you can see the digestion process taking place in front of your very eyes as they tell you about the latest fad in computer technology while simultaneously giving you a demonstration on how the molars grind the food so that it can pushed down the throat in order to travel through the oesophagus to the stomach. OH, and then another aspect on why pollution is bad. People don't close their mouths when they burp. Especially guys and old women. One day, one guy I was drafting next to belched. I thought it was over until he kept belching a few more times every 10 minutes or so. IT wasn't one of those like "hold it inside type burps" but like the full Ripple effect where your lips would like vibrate from the impact of your burp. So today over lunch I was observing this... of course I am usually quiet around people I don't know (As someone in my office remarked.) I was like , of course, it allows me to observe the functions of your digestive system. For someone not having biology as their major, I think I've refreshed my memory quite vividly. Here's another noteworthy point about hong Kong manners: You slurp loud. Ah yes, I remember eating at a japanese friends house in highschool, and he told me to slurp. I WAS LIKE BRING IT ON! but seriously, I think being saturated in an environment in Montreal, (very european) and in the constant presence of females (my class is 2:1. so is my church thats female to guy ratio type thing) so gotta be a gentleman. yeesh. so slurping is out of the picture. But coming back here, I realize why chinese resteraunts are so darn loud. Its not just the loud cantonese language, but the clanging of glass hitting the lazy susan, the clashing of chopsticks fighting over the last piece of hah gau. (shrimp dumpling for those of you who do not speak the language) (well actually people don't fight over food. its rude to take the last piece unless someone older offers it to you) Then you have the old ladies who you think can't yell anymore but manage to scream the name of different dishes they are transporting in little metal carts filled with hot water that hit you in the back if your chair is somewhat in their path of travel. I have no idea how they can constantly scream the same thing over and over again... well you hear it again cuz they smack you in the chair again trying to put stuff on your table...
welcome to Hong Kong.

Ah then lets mention it when it rains. I don't understand why people don't like rain coats. I guess it is too hot for raincoats but then again i see ppl with like full suits in the streets... one word. "??" or is that a word. THe function of the umbrella is overrated. In Hong Kong at least. Downpours get you wet from the chest down anyway. It rains sideways here. so thats why the rain coat or even better, a poncho. but me, I'd be wet either way cuz I'd be sweating. with or without the rain coat or umbrella. I went into get my computer fixed today and the guy asked if it was raining outside. I say no more.
and umbrellas. at least 70% of the ppl usually carrying umbrellas are women for fear of having the acid rain react with the make up on their face. Or mebbe its a good thing. i've seen mebbe 1 out of 100 somewhat decent looking person here (Either guy or girl)... I've digressed once again. So umbrellas and women carrying them... yes... since 90% of the women are averaging about 5'3 5"4 here , it makes it hard for a 5'9 ish person to walk around when the streets are filled with many women and yes. umbrellas. Especially those with the little pointy spokes at the end. I really do thank God for my eyesight after walking through a crowd of umbrellas. THere's been so many times i swear i could have lost my eyeballs and have them left hanging on the end of some ones open umbrella.

Ah yes. so that concludes today's randomness... my current situation in life. chugging along with lots to learn. But life on the bandwagon with JEsus has been cool. Music has been definitely a blessing. Hope that I will use it to bless you guys with what He's given me.
speaking of which. www.justiskao.com is out.
What do guys think of Justis Kao paraphenalia? Justis Kao t-shirts, Justis Kao mugs, POsters, Pens, Justis Kao doll.
Ok. No dirty thots with the dolls guys. (Imagine this , pulling the string and out comes a song!)

hahahaha. oh and even better, an Adrian fung doll that when you press a button, it'll rap "Yo, it don't matter where you're from from here to conneticut you're gonna get shredded with etiquette subject and predicate..."

I think the Jon Ho doll would probably be a tuner or something. "You're a little flat."

Brian McKnight, if I were a woman, I'd have a shrine.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home