Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Hope you get something useful out of this page. If not, hope you were entertained. If not, well, i don't know why you're here. Maybe cuz i begged and grovelled.

Friday, July 30, 2004

So, it's been awhile that I've written. I wish i had the same esoteric pursuits that i once had in writing but sometimes, time or more so, the lack of finding topics to write often impedes me in updating. That being said, when I do find something interesting to write, it ends up to be something that has people getting entirely grossed out. I usually condition myself not to get grossed out by repeating the story over and over until it just becomes something mundane.
At this point, you're probably thinking that whatever I am about to write can't be that bad. For those of you who know me, you probably have closed the window or begun to surf and click on other links. Although I must say, that a couple of friends of mine, especially those in the medical field have no sense of what is disgusting. Once again, its a condition that they've become numbed to because they see it everyday. For those of us who only can see the things these medical professionals see on the Discovery Channel, we aren't used to seeing operations going wrong and it's worse when you have it described to you because somewhere in our brains, we have a thing called vivid imagination. It separates us from animals (although you may beg to differ).

This long anecdote that could be even longer leads me to the simple fact that there was an unfortunate incident involving a mouse and my trying to be humane and putting it out of its misery. This involved precise pressure/vital point killing and full knowledge of the anatomy of the genus rodentia as I needed to strike with surgical precision to quickly send Mickey back to heaven. To spare the details, poor mickey endured probably what was an eternity of physical hell after the fact that he was stuck in the trap (it was the gooey sticky kind of trap). Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe it's because I think my ancestors had mastered the art of pressure point killing on small mammals and it was also in my blood. If it appeases any of your souls as you now have probably named me sadistic animal killer, know that I honestly prayed to God "Lord, forgive me for what i am about to do." You don't have to know because knowing will probably make you hate me even more. Honestly, i did not take pleasure in trying to perform a brutal form of euthanasia on disease ridden Mickey.

I honestly hope that if there is a rodent heaven, they will get new bodies and not be the same way they had died. OTherwise, you'd get 2-D squirrels and mickey would have no head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home