Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Hope you get something useful out of this page. If not, hope you were entertained. If not, well, i don't know why you're here. Maybe cuz i begged and grovelled.

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Ikea. People love Ikea. I did at one point until you realize when you want to keep your furniture and move it with you, you can't take it apart. Ikea furniture is only made to be put together and hence, they have stupidly designed connections where its easy to put in but impossible to remove. That and the fact that there are pointy ends to the furniture when you are taking it apart . The end result, a long slice along my side? Well, it might have been less damaging had I been wearing a t-shirt but thats another story. It was boiling hot in the apartment. I don't know why, but my apartment tends to retain internal heat. That and the fact Tim's computer system is basically a heating system that does homework and plays mp3s. So hence the shirt was off because I was sweating buckets. (For those who have witnessed my incredible ability to increase humidity in a room by 3000%, thank you for understanding.)
Anyway, what should have been a 20 minute tops ordeal, turned out to be an hour ordeal while I tried to remove some screws... I mean, Just make them into real screws instead of having individual pieces. POor Tim was trying to help me out. I got fed up and went to play some piano.

My dear readers, you may notice my more cynical outlooks on things lately and nothing has been terribly informative. Perhaps I am exposing reality as it is and telling everyone that the corporate giants out there are out to screw us over. But, I'm seriously not jaded but a relatively positive guy w/ bad experiences with consumerist products.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home