Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Hope you get something useful out of this page. If not, hope you were entertained. If not, well, i don't know why you're here. Maybe cuz i begged and grovelled.

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

I still have not found the intent of this web log. Some die-hard blog enthusiasts have purpose in theirs and even have particular pages to compartmentalize their intents. For example, my dear friend Adrian Fung has his thoughts divided into three components, the most popular being his humorous perspectives on mundane happenings in his own life that aren't too mundane at times. His other ones reflect a more serious side as well as his talent in poetry. I tried to do that with a page devoted to poetry and lyrics that I write but somehow, for this particular one that is supposed to be read by more people, end up being just random jibberish that probably, more often than not, doesn't even need to be put down on paper. My friend Cindy, had a blogger page once and decided to switch to Xanga because she wanted to start a discussion board on her thoughts. She writes about things she learns from her Bible studies as well as really random facts about her mundane work environment like something about cafeterias and her own lunch. I guess that is the reality of it all that we face when we write religiously every single day about little things here and there. I think I've decided that I will write more sporadically in hopes that more exciting things would happen so I could write about something random. Perhaps this page is devoted to my random babble that doesn't need to be written down. Oh, did I write that already?

Perhaps it is the strange exhibitionist complex that we all have in keeping an 'online' journal for others to know what we are thinking about even when we don't want to talk to anyone about it but in the paradoxical mindset that we want people to ask us how we're doing and what we are thinking about. Otherwise, I'd be writing in an encrypted word document or in a diary that I hide under the mass of dirty underwear that sits in the hamper in my room.


Why have I written all of this? To keep my viewers entertained and wanting to come back. It's like a restaurant: You read the menu, enjoy the food, and leave a tip. If the food's good, you recommend the restaurant and you come back. Of course hopefully you try new things on the menu but it's an acquired taste. Once again, random analogies.

So my conclusion is that there is none. This blog's intent is dedicated to the random blabbings of my brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home